Sunday, June 28, 2009

it is finished

our work has been completed. we had great worship experiences today but we missed all of you being a part of it. one of the community leaders was at the friday service as well as this morning. he told jeff that he would be talking to the pastor more about christianity. what a blessing to know we have had a small impact. we have been told that the mayor of ottawa has asked about our group because he has heard about what we were doing both in the community and in the church. the service this morning began with baptism and ended with the congregation giving us gifts. we enjoyed a cookout with the congregation and we are now about to go swimming. we are all tired but i think everyone feels good about all the work we have done. Praise the Lord for all of our experiences. tomorrow we will relax and enjoy more of the city and tuesday we will load up and begin our journey home. we look forward to seeing you and sharing more stories. i apologize for not having posted more pictures but i seem to keep being too tired to take more time in the evenings. i will do my best to put some more up tonight. grace and peace to you all.

7 comments:

  1. Hey guys, we missed you all this morning. It's very quite at Ball Camp! Sounds like God has touched many hearts in Canada and as well as yours. Everyone is asking when you all were coming home and I was very welcomed to tell them I could not wait until Wed. night. I know you have had a Great time and the next few days will be very relaxing. I know one thing I'll be the first one you all talk to when you cross the border. Tell Chad I love him and girls give him a HUG! Be safe and have fun tomorrow.
    Love Phyllis











    1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed all of you this morning. Sounds like you have made a real difference north of the border. We are praying for your safe return and a happy reunion. Have a great rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. life is so not the same without all of you. Can't wait to have you home. I am so happy to know that the work you have done has made a difference in that community. who knows, perhaps one or more of you will be called to do more for the service of God! I am proud of all of you but of course I am most proud of erin for giving her testimony.May God keep you safe on the journey home and deliver you all back to us. I love you all, Big Dog(aka Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so proud of all of you! Thank you for your willingness to give of your time and yourselves to do such important work! We miss you and church was definitely not the same. Have fun and be safe...looking forward to Wednesday! Love to David & Jon. I miss you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please be safe on your ride home. Someone please stay awake and talk to Brian while he is driving to keep him from falling asleep. Ha! Miss you all. I can't wait to hear all the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you are gone....(final post)

    Since you are gone
    We have not eaten any pizza,
    I like pizza

    Since you are gone
    We have not been to the movies,
    I enjoy going to movies

    Since you are gone
    Your traveling updates are comforting,
    But we prefer to have you home with us

    Since you are gone
    There is no one to take motorcycle riding,
    I really like riding at night

    Since you are gone
    No one seems interested in going out for ice cream,
    Btw, you guys are the “slow” ice cream eating champs

    Since you are gone
    Your mother tolerates me,
    You are more likely to appreciate my sense of humor

    Since you are gone
    Our plans and activities are predictable,
    I miss having some variety and spontaneity

    Since you are gone
    Although I can spread out on the couch,
    I sure miss Kelsey’s patented “foot rubs”

    Since you are gone
    Two can laugh and enjoy conversation,
    But four or more makes a chorus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a safe trip back home. Let Jasmine know that we miss her and love AND that the annual Jasmine Thibou Bathroom/Bedroom cleaning is done.

    ReplyDelete